“I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be tested by how well we support our libraries.” — Carl Sagan
The Berlin Free Town Library is still here, long after its creation over 100 years ago, thanks to the dedication of generations of library staff, trustees, volunteers and Friends groups who have worked hard to ensure that the library continues offering quality materials, services and programs to the community. The library’s success is also due to the participation and support of its patrons — the people in our community.
We are committed to the constant improvement of the library building and grounds, equipment, collections, services and programs. We need your support to accomplish our goals. Here’s how you can help:
- Participate. Use your library! Borrow materials and attend events and programs.
- Talk to us! Let us know how you think we could improve the library.
- Volunteer. Volunteers are indispensable and always needed! Ask us about volunteer opportunities assisting the staff or helping with events and programs or building and grounds maintenance. Join us for our spring and fall clean-ups.
- Donate books or DVDs. Materials that are not selected for the collection will be sold at the Book & Bake Sale.
- Donate baked goods, handmade craft items or high-value goods or services for the annual Book & Bake Sale.
Make a Monetary Gift
Consider making a donation. The library operates on a limited budget, and funding and grant monies are in short supply. We simply could not offer many of the wonderful programs and events each year without fundraising efforts and donations. Even the smallest monetary gifts help!