• Books / 14 day loan period / 10¢ per day overdue fine
• Audio Books / 14 day loan period / 10c per day overdue fine
• Videos (must be 18+ to borrow) / 7 day loan period / $1 per day overdue fine
• Music CDs / 7 day loan period / $1 per day overdue fine
• Audio CDs / 14 day loan period / 10c per day overdue fine
• Downloaded Ebooks and audio books / 14 day loan period / no overdue fine
• Online databases / unlimited loan period / no overdue fine
• Free magazine swap at the library located next to the periodicals display
All materials may be renewed for an additional loan period unless they have been requested by another patron.
The Berlin Free Town Library is a member of the Upper Hudson Library System (UHLS), a network of 37 libraries serving Albany and Rensselaer Counties. As a result, Berlin Free Town Library members (and members from all other libraries under this network) have access to a huge selection of materials via interlibrary loans. All you need is the bar code number on the reverse side of your library card (Borrower ID) and p.i.n. to log in to your account at the UHLS website and request items from the UHLS catalog.
Materials borrowed from outside of the BFTL through this system are delivered by courier promptly and directly to the BFTL. You can choose to be notified of the arrival of your requested materials by phone or by email.